Monday, November 19, 2007

He makes me so proud.

It was finally time for the granite that has been occupying a third of our garage to go. Price didn't matter, as long as someone showed up and hauled it off. Kenny took pictures, placed an ad on craigslist, and we sat back and waiting for the emails to pour in. And oh did they pour in. One woman, let's just call her "Crazy," emailed Kenny first. And emailed. And emailed. And came up with excuse after excuse as to why she missed many meeting times and kept Kenny waiting here for her. Two days later, the granite was still in the garage. Fed up with Crazy, Kenny emails one of the many other people interested in the granite to let him know it was still available. Within an hour, a guy shows up, loads the granite, pays Kenny and finally takes the granite out of our garage. Victory! But oh, then Crazy starts calling. And emailing. Where oh where is her granite?! Kenny simply explained that he had waited for her several times, and she had failed to show up on several occasions. Since he needed the granite out of the garage quickly, he found the next willing person to take it. He told her he was sorry (although, quite frankly, we weren't!), and thought that was the end of it.

Then he gets this email.

Mr Kenny *****,

You should have told us that when you accepted our offer, and at least given us the opportunity before you allowed someone else to take it. I'm going to guess the real truth is you managed to get more money, after you accepted our honest offer.

This is very Bad karma, and extremely poor business practice.

Shame

My oh-so-polite-never-offend-anyone-because-you-never-know-when-you-will-cross-paths-again Kenny responds back with.....

FYI: I got less than you offered, it wasn't a money issue. If I wanted to auction it off, I would have put it on ebay.
I needed it moved ASAP to get some equipment in my garage, and you did not get here fast enough.
As far as my business practices go, I think taking less than someone else offered would be a pretty poor business practice. So you are right, mine suck. Eitherway, granite is not my business so I am not to concerned with that really.
Karma!!! Maybe I will check in my local fortune teller to see what my future has in store for me. Karma!

Shame on me.

Sorry if you got your feelings hurt, I think I am going to auction off a box of kleenex on ebay later to wipe the tears. Hurry, if you snooze you lose.


I have never loved him more! He makes me so proud.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Oh, that is soooo fabulous! I can't stand the flakey people on Craigslist. Now, I put on every listing that I will not hold items. First come, first serve. That has helped a lot with the stupid flakes.