Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Stinky Soup

I haven't felt like blogging lately. Well, actually, that isn't quite the truth. I have felt like blogging, but I just can't seem to translate well into text lately. I mean, I am still doing stupid, rude things. I still stick my foot in my mouth often. I still catch people saying and doing stupid things. But? I am exhausted.

It comes and goes in phases. It isn't a depression. It is just a simple overwhelming, exhaustion. Jill is having ongoing issues with headaches. She is medicated day and night, yet nothing is helping. Although, I am praying for some reprieve after the appointment at Texas Children's next Monday. Emmi's implant situation continues to look bleak. Surgery is looming nearer. But before that we have CT scans, and meetings with Med-El reps, and this appointment and that. I spend more time at Texas Children's than I do my own home lately. Lump on the regular activities like gymnastics, dance, and Brownies, and cooking dinner and cleaning, and it is no wonder that I am out of steam.

So then I try to muster the energy to write, and I just can't. I mean really, I want to tell you about how Jill is right this very moment standing in the front yard, stomping her feet, refusing to come inside, because she doesn't like the smell of the soup I am making. So for fun, I am standing in the window, slowly eating chocolate that she refuses to come get some of, because, you guessed it, it is "too stinky" in the house. I, also, so badly want to tell you about Schnauzer lady, who has been driving me crazy by letting her dogs poo in my yard. And how I got into it with her when I caught her in my backyard. But everytime I try, I get halfway through, and I run out of steam. I leave the story half finished. I have at least twenty saved drafts of half stories from the past few weeks.

Perhaps soon, I will get some energy. Until then, I'll be on the couch watching episodes of Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team and The Hills According to Me, while Jill stands in the corner holding her nose.

4 comments:

NEVER AGAIN said...

What kind of soup are you making? It must be menudo because the is the nastiest stinkiest soup I've ever smelled.

Tricia said...

Oh no. I am not that fancy. It was just a bean soup from a bag. Add tomatoes and ham!

Sheri said...

LMBO Jill and her drama. :P

Oh, and I am so glad I am not the only one hooked on DCC.

Tricia said...

It's Tiffany's fault. She got me hooked on it.