Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to Me.

I just purchased this from jcrew

to wear to a wedding next weekend.

I justified this purchase by telling myself it was my Mother's Day present, even though Kenny (ahem, the girls) already got me exactly what I asked for.

It is outdoors. In May. A little linen halter dress should do just fine. I am thinking with a long strand of pearls (no, Mom, I swear I do not still have yours....yes, I do. I am lying.) and my black strappy heels.

I was going to wear a dress I had, but then I remembered that one of the girls attending the wedding has talked a lot of shit to me. I feel it best to combat things like this by showing up looking better than her..... and with more expensive shoes.

7 comments:

Mrs. Toro said...

oh, i love it! i wish i could wear dresses but im so short...my legs are "stumpy." lol what did the kiddos and hubs get you?

I am Trish Marie said...

Last year we started building an outdoor kitchen. All we had left was the stucco. It had been sitting there unfinished for months. I asked that Kenny bring the guys (ie some of the landscaping crew who used to work construction) over to finish it. So that is what I got. I got stucco.

Mrs. Toro said...

All that matters is its something you wanted! ;) I got a new Coach purse during Spring Break so I let that be my mother's day gift...especially since i'm not going to be working...didn't see any sense in spending anymore money when I didn't really need anything!

Rachel Lee Broussard said...

yesss, love it. Make sure you flaunt your stuff in front of the other girl! That's the only thing to do. Have fun

I am Trish Marie said...

Rachel, I am sure you can guess who the girl is... I know you know this story! You better believe I am shining up my ring, too! And of course, everything I say will involve waving my left hand around in the air.

Kristina said...

Well, all I have to say is it seems to me that you have been a very good Mother all year and, therefore, deserve to get a bit more loot than the standard mother's.

Love the dress!

zakary said...

That dress is hot.