Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summer has arrived.

It's the first day of summer. I am both REALLY looking forward to this summer AND slightly scared of this summer. Things have been, you could say, tense around here for the past few months. I am worried that day after day of no breaks for me, no weekly lunch dates with the girls (the big girls, not the kid girls!), and no solo coffee runs is going to get to me. However, I also am so happy to have no set routine for endless days on end.

The only alarm clock that went off was Kenny's, and I had been up for thirty minutes before it even went off. There was no need to rush around and get dressed. I slowly drank my coffee. I started working two hours earlier than normal, even though I was lazy. The house is even cleaner without the morning rush of breakfast and clothing changing before the bus.

So far, so good...

2 comments:

Aimee' said...

Tomorrow is our first official day of summer...and we're headed to the beach with my sister and nephew...I'll let you know how that goes. ;) I personally HATE the beach...hate the sand...hate the brown water...hate the heat...so I'm sure I'll have lots of positive feedback...oh, and my girls have NEVER been to the beach before.

Sheri said...

Well, lunch dates will just have to turn into playdates. :) Hit me up woman!