Thursday, October 1, 2009

Slippity Slide

Not for the faint of heart.
Or ones who do not enjoy pictures of broken bones and dislocated fingers. LAURA, I am talking to you. Remember when I tormented you by describing my stitches to you. Not even showing them to you. Just telling you about them. Those were good times. For me.

It's a good thing I can handle a little broken bones and stitches who am I kidding I cover my eyes during Grey's Anatomy. Because my kid's finger? It's not right.

She fell during gymnastics last week while walking to the next event. Genius. Her finger jammed into the springboard floor, and the cry that followed definitely said hurt. But then she cried for about two minutes and was done. I thought about taking her to the ER just in case, but I didn't want to expose her to the swine flu. Awesome planning on my part, because now she has a broken finger and the swine flu. The next days she seemed fine, there was no bruise, nothing.

Then yesterday I noticed her finger looked like this.



Of course, I brought her to the doctor, who sent her for an x-ray, now infecting all of the radiology department at the nearby hospital with the swine flu. It's cool. Everybody can use a healthy dose of swine flu, right? So they x-rayed and poked and prodded and talked about surgery.

And then this morning. Her finger looked like this.

Almost normal. Slippity slide right back into place.


4 comments:

Aimee' said...

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.

Tricia said...

Lucky for her she feels no pain. Seriously, she has a problem with pain perception. Good thing when you can't get your finger fixed for four days. Bad thing when it was like that for five days, and you told no one!

Unknown said...

Furniture removal
Her hands look so pinkish! It great to she’s fine. I hope her hands will heal soon.

Unknown said...

recruitment new Zealand
That’s awful! That must have hurt big time!