Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Casper

So even though my husband claims that we have no ghostie because nobody actually died in our house, I know he is wrong. There is a ghost. And now every little sound I hear at night, I make him investigate.

Because I am that girl.


And because he could totally take on a ghost once he found the source of the sound.


Last night, as I was just about to drift off to sleep, I swear I heard our bedroom door handle jiggle. I demanded Kenny investigate. He found nothing. Which actually proves my ghost theory, not his "you are imagining things" theory. Everybody knows you can't see ghosts. Except sometimes. When they want you to.


But Kenny gave me the look and told me to quit bothering him and let him sleep.


Which I did for ten minutes until I heard another sound.


He refused to budge this time, so I pulled the covers completely over my head. Because, obviously ghosts can only attack the exposed parts of your body. I fell asleep, made it through the night alive, and forgot that a ghost had tried to attack me in the middle of the night.


Until.


@#$$*BAM!@#$##@


Something came crashing down upstairs. With both dogs in my line of sight. With no one else home.


I did the only sensible thing to do.


I ran outside.


Where I found our trashcan blown over right outside the office window. Not upstairs.


Whatever. Ghosts can totally knock over trash cans.

6 comments:

meghansdiscontent said...

I am soooo this person. Only . . . I thought it was because I live alone and am completely paranoid because of that simple fact.

It's somewhat comforting to know that my craziness will continue if/when I get married.

Allie said...

Damn hooligan ghosts knocking over trash cans!

~Holly~ said...

I would totally be that girl too! :)

Zakary said...

I believe, I do.

Allison said...

I am impressed that Kenny got up even once! Ralph would never indulge me in such a fashion!

G said...

Zdub can see ghosts. It's her gift. She's afraid to tell people.