Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Protein

Once, my mom fed me caterpillars. She will debate this fact. She will claim it was part of the broccoli. Don't let her fool you. Caterpillars. I am still traumatized to this day. I examine broccoli piece by piece before I bite into it.

This weekend Kenny wanted to go out to eat. Jill did not want to go. As a compromise, we let her choose the restaurant. The pickle place. I am not sure any of us know the actual name. Just that Kenny and Jill love the fried pickles. The food is never all that great. The margaritas are.
I was half way through my first margarita before I noticed the bug embedded in my ice cube. Like Jurassic Park. The mosquito in amber. Not as pretty, though. And now, I am scared of margaritas. I will have to sort through them ice cube by ice cube.

Emmi had multiple appointments today. We were in Houston early this morning. Near Starbucks. I ordered an iced white mocha. Non-fat. I swear the milk gets colder without the fat. In winter, I order 2%. I need the warmth. The muffins called my name as I ordered my drink.

Two bites later, I noticed the bug leg. Had I eaten the bug? Was the bug leg all that was left or all that ever was?


6 comments:

meredith said...

i can't even begin to tell you how many bugs have probably flown into my nose or mouth while running. grosssss. somewhere i heard some fact that the average human eats eight spiders in the lifetime. ummm, i hope that's not true.

Aimee' said...

I have the worst luck with bugs and or hair in my food! I'm sorry, hair disgust me, I hate the way hair feels...especially wet hair...and the thought of someone ELSES hair in my food makes me want to vomit.

Allison said...

throw up in mouth. At least it wasn't hair. That is so much more repulsive in my book. Ekkk.

Desiree Lynn said...

grosses and voms! I always here that there's on average 8 bug parts in a bar of chocolate and that's considered doing good inspection wise! you'd think that'd turn me off from chocolate, but alas it doesn't.

ZDub said...

GROSS. OMG.

Just order your margarita straight up from now on.

MrsDixon said...

How scary and funny all at the same time! Loving your blog! Very cute!