Wednesday, February 4, 2009

How to spot a HO.

I can't wait until Jill is old enough to understand inappropriate jokes. Especially the ones she inadvertently makes.

Her obsession with the word "Ho" began shortly after Christmas. It started with a piece of Christmas scrapbook paper with "Ho, Ho, Ho" printed across it over and over. She cut the paper into small pieces, and handed one to me.

"That's for you, mama." She slipped me a piece of paper that simply said, "Ho." She giggled. "It's funny, huh?"

I was a little taken aback. How did she know that was funny? She is seven! But alas, she had no clue. She went on to explain how it was funny, 'cause it was no longer Christmas. I still got called a ho several more times that day, and the paper is proudly tucked into the corner of our dry erase board by the desk. I imagine that I will frame it, and give it to her for graduation or some such with something along the lines of "As you go out into the world, don't be a Ho." It would be a little joke between us, but for now, it is just her favorite thing to say and incorporate into games.

Today, Kenny came home with the trailer instead of going to the shop. I walked out front with him while he unloaded some tools. Meanwhile, inside the house the girls got involved in some game that somewhat resembled leapfrog. One person crawled under the other person's legs. They were mid-turn when I walked back into the house.

"Hey mama! Watch us! We are playing Limbo Hos!"

I giggled. This only egged her on. "One person is the limbo-er and the other is the ho. The person with their legs spread is the ho!"

No! Really?! At least I won't have to teach her that lesson when she gets older.

7 comments:

Allie said...

LMAO, seriously your kid cracks me up!

Sheri said...

Tricia, be honest because these are YOUR kids we are talking about. They totally know what HO means, don't they... :P

ZDub said...

This is fantastic. Zoe and Jill would be fast friends!

Maybe if I wasn't such a Limbo Ho, I wouldn't have two kids.

Aimee' said...

LOL - I love when my girls make comments they don't understand too! Like how my youngest daughter named her babydoll "Pussy" after pussy cats!! Luckily she changed the name on her own because she said that name sounded like a boy name. =)

Linda P. said...

I guess this story beats the one about your then-four-year-old older sister telling your dad's visiting (Pentecostal) boss that she wanted to dance the Hoochie Coochie dance for him, after I'd inadvertently called it that in front of her instead of the rightful Hokey Pokey? (You know how I am with names.)

Mom

That Chick Over There said...

I think I love you.

Tricia said...

Mom, the only thing that beats you teaching Laura the "Hoochie Coochie" is when you paid Laura a quarter to go away so you could kiss your boyfriend (so said my sister to my dad).