Saturday, December 29, 2007

Pain Med = Sloppy Trish

Many of you know I had surgery yesterday. I consider it a small surgery, since I have been through much worse. However, surgery is still surgery, and I am now doped up on pain medicine and have the anesthesia hangover.

Basically I have had abdominal pain for months. Long story short, my ob was not taking me very seriously, so I found a new doc. He pinpointed the problem right away. I have a lot of problems with birth control, because of my migraines. I suffer from at least 4 a month. On birth control they increased to two to three a week. Not headaches, migraines. Much different. Anyway, my previous OB would not let me get my tubes tied, as she claimed I was much too young. (This is bullshit if you ask me. I already have to children, one with a very serious genetic condition. I do not want to risk having another child with the same disabilities. Nor do I think I could handle a third with the amount of time Emmi's care takes up. I have not wavered from this decision, so I in way think I am too young.) So my previous OB suggested an IUD. It was great for two years. But then it shifted, and tore through the wall of my uterus. Ouch! It also can cause cysts, which explains the seven that I have. Both of these things contributed to my pain.

So my new doc said the IUD needed to come out ASAP. It had to be surgically removed, because of the damage. Since I needed surgery anyway, I asked the new OB if I could get my tubes tied. He didn't even hesitate. He said if I was old enough to decide I wanted children, I was old enough to decide that I didn't want anymore. During surgery, he decided that some of the cysts would go away on their own, but some needed to be removed. So he did that, as well.

All said and done, I am feeling much better. The stabbing pain is gone already. My stomach is swollen, bruised, and sore, but nothing I can't handle. It all seems only skin deep now. My biggest problem is trying to think and see straight with all of the medication I am on!

Back to bed for me....

3 comments:

Not a Granny said...

I am so glad you have been able to get to the bottom of this! Take care and rest!

Tiffany said...

Thinking of you..and your whoha! Muah!

Unknown said...

I'm glad that your surgery went well. Hope you feel better soon!