Saturday, July 12, 2008

Congratuations

For weeks I have been planning and organizing my friend, Stacy's, baby shower. You may remember her. The bride whose wedding I was in recently. I made custom letters and painted stars for the walls. I planned games. Everything themed to match the bedding. Twinkle Little Star. Green, khaki, and brown. The last detail was the cake. A simple cake. Chocolate cake, chocolate icing, green stars, and writing in white icing that said "Congratulations Stacy." That is what I ordered.

I sent Kenny to pick the cake up this morning. I gave him a description of what the cake should look like. "Stacy is spelled S-T-A-C-Y. Make sure they spelled it right," was my final instruction. Maybe I should have mentioned how "Congratulations" is spelled.
There wasn't enough time to take it back to complain. Or um, I mean, compain. Kenny looked at me skeptically when I started scraping the lettering off. "I know what I am doing." He just stared. And within minutes......


And really? Congratulations didn't fit on that cake. But at least I am smart enough to figure that out.

16 comments:

K and T said...

Your's lookt bettah eneeways!!!

XOXO,
Lee

Sheri said...

That turned out so well!!! Congratuations! LMAO I wish I could change my font on here to something titled "crappy cake decortating". Man, that was terrible writing.

Have you written your complaint email to them yet?

SGM said...

Dude. Waaaaay better than the original. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

That is so hilarious because it's so typical! Your writing looks way better anyway.

Ashley said...

You need to give the cake people a link to your blog. ha!

Hope the shower was fabulous. Did she get some good stuff?

That Chick Over There said...

Yours looks a lot better.

Allie said...

That is so funny, if I had a cake decorating business I would make sure all my employees could pass a simple spelling test. I would include popular cake decorating words like congratulations, birthday, graduation, penis-lover, you know, words everyone uses on cakes.

Oh and everyone is right, your cake looks a million times better.

NEVER AGAIN said...

I feel bad for the cake place, clearly their people need more training.

ps khaki, brown and green for baby colors? is the baby a marine?

Catherine said...

you did a MUCH better job!!!!

Leah J. said...

No way! Yours looks MUCH better! I second another comment ... you need to send the cake place a link to your blog so that they can check out their handy work

amy said...

Ha! Your version looks WAY better!

~Holly~ said...

Your lettering looks so much better than the original!

Not a Granny said...

If I ship all my cakes to you will you letter them?

I agree with everyone else, your writing is much better!!

ZDub said...

Why are people so fucking retarded these days? No one can do their job!

And yours does look so much better. I would have been so pissed when I opened that box. Did you yell at Kenny when you saw it?

Tricia said...

Oh Kenny knew it looked like crap. He also knew that I could fix it faster than we could wait for them to make a second attempt. He is smart like that.

Mrs. Booms said...

It looked way better when you got done with it!