Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sick kid and no sleep.

I slept two hours last night. I should have seen it coming. We all knew Emmi was off. She hasn't been acting right for days, and she was refusing to eat meat. When she stops eating protein, she is headed for trouble. Basically when she gets sick her body gets overloaded, and she can't handle it. It hit in the middle of the night. She crawled into our bed asking for a bandaid for her sore throat and ear. Which made Kenny and I giggle. It took hours to settle her back down. Mix in a little of Jill's sleepwalking and the dogs barking at a cat, and Kenny and I are both stumbling around like zombies.

On top of that, one of Emmi's CI's is acting up. It keeps signalling electrical failure. Which means I need to go switch it out for another processor. (We only have one on each side right now, because there is a new processor coming out. Then we will have two.) Texas Children's is on the other side of town. Luckily, the program coordinator comes out by our house almost every evening to ride her horses. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that she will be able to meet me, so I don't have to drag a sick child downtown.

I swear I will get to the reunion pictures and such. But I have to edit out names from the nametags, and I just don't see that happening today.

3 comments:

J said...

You know if you ever need anything, anything at all, I am always a phone call away!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I too try to find a good mix of the word fuck and being in mommy mode. HA!
I feel for you on the sick kids. That is the worst the next day - you almost feel hungover from lack of sleep and having to be "on" in the middle of the night. Hope you get some rest tonight!

ZDub said...

Ugg, that's the worst. Zoe always wakes up and barfs in the middle of the night when she gets the stomach flu.

You need to have a cup of coffee and quit whining. I need to know what went down at the reunion.!

(Just kidding...take it easy today!)