Friday, March 7, 2008

Grammie's Cookies.

Jill sleep walks. Always has. At least once a month. Most times she just come straight into my room, and goes back to sleep on the floor. Sometimes I find her in the morning asleep in random places like the hallway. She always has her blanket and her bunny.

A week or so ago, Kenny and I were sitting on the couch, and Jill came strolling by. She was heading for the kitchen. We called her name. No response. I followed her into the kitchen. She was just standing in the middle of the room. Kenny scooped her up, and put her back in bed. This is typical of most incidents, but every once in awhile she talks to me also.

I was sitting at the desk, when she came down the stairs.

"I need to go to the bathroom."

Okay. Normal enough. Except, she has her own bathroom upstairs. She walked past that bathroom all the way down the stairs to come tell me she had to use the bathroom? I turned the light on in the hall bath downstairs. She stares at my funny, then heads toward the living room.

"Jill? Bathroom. This way." Was she taking my migraine meds or something? I thought I was the only loony one in the house.

She turns back around, mutters something about her bunny, then goes over to the staircase, where she proceeds to curl up on the bottom stair and go to back to sleep.

I giggle. Should I let her fall back into a deeper sleep before I move her or should I try to bring her back to her room now? And what about that bathroom break she insisted she needed

I shake her gently. "Jill, Sweetie."

She opens her eyes. "Mommy."

"Come on Sweetie."

She looks at me. She looks slightly irritated. "No! I don't want to go with you. Grammie makes better cookies."

Even when she is sleeping, she is thinking about food!

2 comments:

That Chick Over There said...

LOL!

ZDub said...

That's funny. Even when they are asleep they can find a way to give us a hard time!