Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sleep, Child, Sleep.

By 7pm last night, I was yawning. Exhausted. I once told Kenny the greatest present he could ever give me would be to get the girls up and ready for school while I slept. After the ninth yawn, Kenny offered to let me sleep in. It requires a little planning, as lunches have to be packed a certain way, clothes have to be ironed. You know, things that according to Jill only I can do right. It was going to be perfect. Especially since Thursday is our long day. A few extra hours of sleep? Amazing. I was already dreaming about it.

2 am, I am shaken awake. "Mommy I can't sleep."

"Mummmummmmlaymmmummumbbledown." I motion for Jill to lay down on the floor. Her usual spot when she gets scared and crawls into our room.

"No. I AM NOT SLEEPY."

Two hours. For two hours she continues to "WHISPER" to me about how she can't sleep. By 4am, I give up. I now can't sleep after being woken up so many times.

So much for being allowed to sleep in this morning. It is 5:30, I have taken two certification courses for work, watched an hour of Hairspray, and cleaned the kitchen. And I was supposed to sleep in. Damn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sucks, but I'm impressed at how much stuff you were able to get accomplished in a sleepy haze. I would have vegged in front of the tv.