I have been tagged by Allie over at Friday Night Ambulance for a survey. After posting 100 things about me, I am not sure what exactly more I can say, but here goes.... besides, Allie said I wouldn't do it. That sounds like a dare. We all know I know I don't back down from a dare.
Here are the rules
1) Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog
2) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4) Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I find extreme pleasure in making stupid people look even more stupid. For instance, when the girl at the Nestle store declared my card had been "declined" in front of a line full of people, I made her squirm until she admitted she did not know how to enter the number on the card when it wouldn't read the strip on the back. She kept saying, "Ma'am it was declined." And I kept saying, "Nope. The strip on the back is no good. You have to manually punch in the number." I waited until she had called the manager over and admitted to him that she didn't know how to do it, before I offered one of the other three cards, readily available in my wallet just to keep the line moving. Ha!
2. It stresses me out when my kids are noisy. Or messy. Or you know, anything that resemble kids. If they could sit and be little adults, that would be great. They don't tend to go along with this. I tend to be stressed out a lot. They, on the other hand, are extremely happy!
3. I think I used to be a compulsive shopper. Not big ticket items. Just little things. Now I just obsess over what I want to buy. Like the shorts I currently want. I check them out online at least once a day. I have some from the same company that I love. I wear them once a week. The fit well, are made well, definitely worth the fifty dollars. But somehow I just can't actually purchase them. I just look at them everyday. Sometimes a few times a day. I even get my credit card out at least once a day to buy them. Never do. It is insane. Kenny laughs at me. It is not my fault. It is just the extreme opposite of compulsive shopping. The inability to buy even things I might use.
4. My latest injury is a stress fracture in my scapula...oh yeah, Mom, I went to get an X-ray yesterday. I forgot to tell you. It is fractured. I am supposed to wear a sling, but it makes my back hurt, so instead, I just walk around with my arm stuck to my side like a broken wing. I am not clumsy, but I get lots of stress fractures. My doc thinks I need a bone density test. He said no one should have three stress fractures in less than a year. Especially when all I was doing was leaning over, keeping Emmi from falling into the creek while hiking with my family. But in all fairness, I re-injured an old injury.
5. I am a big time creature of habit. I do it with everything, food, what I wear, what time I do certain things, which routes I take when I drive. I can't go to the bank without going through my old neighborhood. It is slightly out of my way (maybe one or two minutes). But that is the way I always went, since elementary school, riding with my mom. I can't change it up now. That would be craziness! A few months ago, I was craving Quiznos. Apparently it was a Monday. I didn't realize it, but the Quiznos people informed me that I have been their first customer every Monday since. Not only that, but I always look at the menu, as if I decided what to get. I order the exact same thing every time. I also had not noticed he had already started my sandwich before I walked in the door. Like he does every time. It is a sickness.
6. My tastes in clothing, tv, and reading material may never mature beyond high school. Sure, I own some sophisticated pieces of clothing, but I always feel like I am playing dress up. I am most comfortable in a pair of jeans (mind you, the trouser style...not the slouchy kind) and some form of a t-shirt (again, not hanes. Ribbon trimmed or such). And while I occasionally reading intellectual reading material, most often, it is silly books or star magazines. Same for movies and TV. I have a good reason for the books/tv/movies. I have enough drama in my real life, I don't want to deal with it in my escape. About all I can handle is teen angst. I have no good reason for dressing like I am in ninth grade. At least, Jill won't have to take me on Maury for the "My Mom Dresses Too Provocatively" segment.
7. I know I have said it before, but I love coffee. Sometimes, on bad days, I treat myself to a Grande Iced White Mocha at "Fourbucks" (nickname borrowed from David at Life in A Cone of Silence....which has become one of my favorite blogs to read).
Which unofficially becomes number 8. I have taken to reading David's blog. We have learned more about what Emmi might be experiencing through David's blog than we ever could have imagined. Besides, he is just outright funny. And, it is refreshing to find another person who can look at the humor in every situation. It is something we try to do. I am known for moments like when after yelling Jill's name with no response for the ninth time at a block party, I exclaimed, "And Emmi is the deaf one!" Or for laughing hysterically when Emmi runs smack into the side of her bus....the SHORT BUS, none-the-less. Or while Emmi is sleeping off sedation from a hearing test, and the Audiologist is breaking the news that Emmi is profoundly deaf (which actually, I already knew)....in a whisper, as not to wake her....my first question was "So you are saying, she can't hear speaking voices at all?" And after she nods, solemnly, I said, "So why are you whispering?" Some people think these moments are mean. But you have to realize, I chose every day to laugh or to cry. I chose to see that there is a little bit of humor in everything. And I make fun of it. David strikes me as having this kind of quick witted, personality. And he tries to be positive, even given that he has been through quite a lot in the past few months. We should all strive to be like him. Not just to steal his term for Starbucks!
And I know I am supposed to tag other people, but I just don't have the time. I have a lot of work to do today, and Tuesdays are a therapy day. So, hey, at least I filled it out!