Monday, April 28, 2008

You would think I deserve some good karma.

I spent the better part of my Sunday (and Saturday when I couldn't sleep in the middle of the night), arranging the donation of a hearing aid to someone in need. I may even have gotten donated Audiology services. One would think all this goodness would make the stars align and the gods smile favorable on me. But no.

My sore throat and congestion that has been mildly irritating for the past few weeks turned into a full blown illness in the middle of the night. I woke up with that crazy, out-of-control spinning. You know, turn your head, and the world turns with you. Most people would think the cure for this kind of illness would be a trip to the doctor. Not me. No. It is coffee (and maybe a trip to the doctor too). More specifically Starbucks coffee. I waited. I woke up at six am. But I waited for coffee until both kids were off to school, so I could hop in my car drive to Starbucks.

I was happy. I had my coffee. Glorious Iced White Mocha Non-Fat. One little sip. That was all I got out of my drink. One sip. Before I dropped the damn thing. And. Spilled. It.

I seriously contemplated licking it off of the ground. You know, if bending over wouldn't make me so dizzy.




And also....after all of the buzz about people suing each other over blogs and people getting fired and the ramifications of talking about your children and whatnot, I am seriously considering going a bit more anonymous. Yes, I know it is already out there. But I can limit it. It has been on my mind lately. Removing names. Possibly pictures. Still thinking about it.

4 comments:

Gin said...

I don't even HAVE kids to worry about, and I get all paranoid about my identity in Blogworld. So I have my personal LJ, which is limited to just my close friends, and then my Blogger account with slightly more limited info.

Do what makes you comfortable, but once you squeeze the toothpaste out, you can't force it back into the tube (much like you can't scoop spilled Starbucks back into the cup :( )

K and T said...

Yeah... I'm anonymous. It's easier that way. But I tell friends and family about our blog. I just don't want future bosses learning about my fetishes ;)... So my real name is no where on the blog.

But seriously, suing people?? Really?? Sheesh.. That stuff is such BS...

Trish, you are a good person! I hope you start feeling better soon!

Lee

ZDub said...

OK, I am SO not anonymous and don't plan on it. I say bring it if anyone wants to sue me for talking about diapers and the stupid shit I ramble on about.

Of course, my sister is a lawyer, but whatevs.

Keep it real, TM. Do what you like!

P.S. Sorry about the Starbucks.

Sheri said...

Well, knowing you and things that have happened, I would say that much of what you have written is tame for what you could write about some people. I do think maybe using initials or a changed name in some instances could be a good idea. Otherwise, you have about as much info out there as I do in regards to pics and whatnot.