Thursday, August 14, 2008

Free stuff is the best stuff.

Jill had a playdate at a friend's house yesterday. It was her first time over there. They live in one of the newer neighborhoods. Homes about the same size as ours, but built in a time when media rooms were all the rage. Our homes were built just before that fad started. I would say I am jealous, but I hardly ever turn on my TV. What would I do with a dark room and a gigantic, loud TV? Although, a quite, dark room sounds pretty nice.

After playing for awhile, the girls needed a break. And a snack. They headed to the media room, and were given peanut butter sandwiches and popcorn. They were halfway through the movie when I arrived.

"Mommy! Mommy! You are not going to believe this." Jill was more excited that I have ever seen her. "They have a movie theater in their house..."

Uh oh. I don't play this game. I knew I would be explaining for the next three weeks why we couldn't have a movie theater. It would be like that time she went swimming at a friend's house who had a slide into their pool. Our pool sucked ass after that. I got ready for my explanation of why we couldn't have a movie theater, but instead Jill kept going.

"...and Mommy. This part you won't believe. THE POPCORN IS FREE. You just heat it up in the microwave just like we do at home. Free popcorn. In a movie theater." She pursed her lips and gave me this look that clearly said, "beat that."

3 comments:

Allie said...

LMAO, kids are so freakin' funny.

Free Popcorn!!! Sounds like heaven to me.

ZDub said...

That's so funny!

I wish Jill and Zoe could play together. They sound like two peas in a pod.

Tricia said...

You can't argue with the girl. I, too, am a sucker for free food.

And I agree Zoe and Jill would probably get along great!