Saturday, August 16, 2008

Just a little fit.

Kenny and I were knee deep in thin-set, rushing like crazy to finish the tile on the stupid outdoor kitchen. Yeah. At this point it is stupid. We are tired of working on it. We need this whole weekend to work. But.

One of us needed to stop working around 5:30 in order to get the food ready for the neighbor. It wasn't a good stopping point. Kenny left to take care of the food. I kept working on the tile. It was a big pain in the ass to work on alone. But the food was supposed to be delivered at 6:00pm.

At 6:08, Kenny returned. "They aren't home."

Uh. What? They better be home. We just stopped what we were doing to get their food to them. We just wasted a precious hour of work for that. It is was now raining. I was fuming. I stood in the front yard, washing down the bucket I had been using, when I finally lost it. In front of my other neighbor.

"How fucking rude. Seriously. I HAVE HAD IT. NOT ONE OF THOSE LADIES DID A DAMN THING FOR US WHEN I HAD SURGERY OR WHEN EMMI HAD SURGERY. WE GO OUT OF OUR WAY ON A DAY THAT WAS HORRIBLE FOR US, AND THEY CAN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED TO TELL US IT IS NECESSARY!! I HATE THOSE STUPID BITCHES. THEY TREAT ME LIKE SHIT. THEY TALK DOWN TO ME. AND NOW THIS SHIT." I slammed the bucket down, and stomped off.

11 comments:

Allie said...

Good for you, I can't believe they would have asked for you to make food like that and then not even be there. I'm glad you stood up for yourself, even if it was a result of fury, maybe those bitches won't be so ridiculous now. Go Trish!

Tricia said...

Yeah, but knowing me, I will calm down and end up apologizing for getting mad!

Unknown said...

What the eff ever.. That is ridiculous!! They need to learn some freaking manners.

This is Lee from TFOCN btw.. I just started a new blog...

Don't back down, you most definately aren't in the wrong.

Mal

Sheri said...

I would have left that meal all over their front door. Grrrr...

Anonymous said...

Good for you! What horrible neighbors you have!

Leah J. said...

They DO sound horrible!!!

Ashley said...

Dude. There is a house for sell a few houses down. Move back to the hood....minus Tim. ha ha ha ha.

Your old neighborhood here would help you out.....I'd make you dinner....then open the winow, yell across the street and tell you to come get it. ha!

Your neighbors suck. I still need to come see this with my own eyes. On that day I'm going to dress like complete white trash. :)Like Jamie Presley on "My Name is Earl". ha!

Tricia said...

Oh, Ashley, if you want, there is a house for sale on MY street. THAT would be good times.

We need neighbors like you guys again. Although, this time it would be way more fun, 'cause Kenny isn't a douche like someone else we know.

Bimbo Baggins said...

WOW, that's just rude. Seriously. I would just give up on that one!

ZDub said...

I wouldn't apologize and hopefully the other neighbor will tell them what you said.

I'm so tired of people and their BS.

Did you finish the tile?

Not a Granny said...

At least you had dinner already made for yourselves!!