Monday, August 25, 2008

In the words of Emmi, "YELLOW BUS!"

Today is the day I have been looking forward to for so long. Years really. I have dreamt about it. Whole elaborate fantasies. Waiting and waiting. And then suddenly today was here. Today.

The day BOTH of my kids go to school FULL DAY! Ahhhhh....you hear that? That is the sound of peace and quiet. Of me working through the day without anyone screaming for juice boxes or pancakes. Without slammed doors, pulled hair, and pinches.

I love school.

The required "First Day of Second Grade" pic.

Emmi says, "No, I want dance."

4 comments:

erika said...

They look really cute for their First Day of school. Enjoy the peace and quiet.

Sheri said...

You know I am totally jealous. I almost had it made in three years, too. Then I had to go and knock myself up again. I am not going to know your bliss for almost 6yrs to come. *Sigh*

Anonymous said...

OMG I'm so jealous. I only put Ethan in preschool for a half a day, but this really makes me reconsider that choice. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

How cute!